Tilford Adventure Event – Sunday 18th October
Event Date: Sunday 18th October
October will see a return to Tilford with the new Social Distance measures in place!
Update on Friday 2nd October:
Secured a new venue for October! We have just confirmed Tilford as the venue for the Octobers Adventure Event. This event page is created.
Update on Wednesday 14th October:
We are all go! The course is being set tomorrow and I have received the go-ahead from the venue. We will have the same measures in place as we have for the previous 3 events.
Update on Friday 16th October:
See you on Sunday! Super turn out, very exciting – But the BRIDGE IS STILL CLOSED TO TRAFFIC, open to pedestrians and pushed bikes. Take time to plan your route…read below under parking…
NB. There is 100% Entry Fee Refund should Covid-19 be the cause of a Cancellation.
Registration open from 07:30am for all events. Start window for individuals/pairs from 08:30am to 10am. Please can the Long Course be off earlier. There will be no mass start!
Photos from 2019 Tilford Adventure Event on Facebook
ADJUSTMENTS I AM MAKING DUE TO CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES:
Expect updates as we approach the event day.
Below are the measure/changes I will be putting in place for this event to protect the health of competitors and the Tri-Adventure staff, and by no means are there to impact on the enjoyment of the event.
- If you feel unwell on the event day, or have recently tested positive for covid, be sensible and stay away.
- Toilets may only be accessed one person at a time as per NEW arrangements.
- No cycling on the green
- NEW Option when booking to pay for an oversized A3 Map, suggested by Tri-Adventurers who struggle to see the finer details.
- This venue has a nice large green to hang about on before and after, the Transition will have no racking and will be set up in the childrens play garden behind the car park. Bikes will be watched over during the event by my crew.
- I plan to set up registration outside at the front of the building for ease of access and space.
- There will be NO MASS START. Instead, there will be a ‘window of opportunity’ start for individuals/pairs for when they are ready between 08:30am-10:00am. Please don’t leave it too late to start. Please can 4-hour guys be off by 9am.
- The plan is to have HQ set up entirely outdoors.
- There will be a hand sanitizing station available as well as rubber gloves. These are positioned at the entrance to the toilets and registration/download.
- Any map planning/studying can be done wherever! On the lovely green or away in your car if wet!
- Please leave valuables at home or safely locked away out of sight in your cars.
- We will not offer to hold on to your keys.
- To minimise any risk of contamination, Maps, Event Numbers, pins and Dibbers will be pre-packed well in advance of the event and quarantined during the days before. They will then be pegged up on the ‘line’ with a clean, gloved set of hands ready for you to collect once you know your number.
- My plan is to email everyone their number before so that you are ready prepared.
- There will be bins outside for any rubbish.
- Baggage, and Hall access. There will be no access to the hall. Only toilet access.
- We advise our competitors to wear hand covering gloves during the event. ie, not fingerless.
- Event clock will display time of day, so make a note of the time and seconds to be back by.
- Please bring your own supply of water for the duration of the event. There will be no water tub by the transition.
- The usual catering will not be selling tea/coffee or the usual yummy cakes as before. Food (Oat and chocolate bars) items will be for sale, but will be pre-packaged and drinks will be in cartons to purchase. There is a Pub called The Barley Mow on the green, open from 11am, and a village shop nearby where you can source some additional supplies. Payments can be on card.
- Download desk for your results will be outside the front where you registered. You will need to dib the download as soon after you finish and return your dibber to us. Provisional results will then be published that afternoon.
- Please respect the 1m+ social distancing rule currently in place for everybody’s enjoyment on the day. There is plenty of room for us all.
- There will be no prize giving on the day. Instead, prizes will be emailed out once all results have been collected. Please allow a week to receive victory email.
- If there are Entries on the day, payment should be paid by card.
Questions can be emailed: email@example.com
Facebook: Tilford Facebook event page. Why not say that you are going?
Weather: Link to Tilford forecast
Dry with temperatures 8 – 12 degrees
Email: Sent out to competitors will be linked here. Friday 16th October’s email
Location: The Tilford Institute, Tilford Road, Tilford, Farnham, Surrey GU10 2DA
Parking: There are a number of car parks around the green as well as on the roads themselves. See map below to help locate these. Head south up the slope to the additional Tilford Green parking on the Left, on the opposite side from the tennis courts. We also have the car park behind the Institute.
Carefully plan your route and allow an extra bit of time as the Bridge is still closed to Traffic due to upgrade work. There are aslo a couple of surrounding roads also closed. See below:
Arriving by train: Farnham Train Station is 3 miles to the North of Tilford.
Yoga Workout by Jenni @ Yogifit.co.uk There will be post-run, socially distanced Yoga stretch to ease those tired legs.
Details: The Long 4h, and The Short 2h Adventure Events, enter as Solo or Pair. The Trail event is Solo entry and there is also a 2 hour solo MTBO Category. There will also be the 1h Mini Trail ideal for the Family or as an introduction to the sport.
The Long Event £40, £45 OTD – 4 hours, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £35. Starting on foot, there will be one transition allowed. The maps given out at Registration will have 15 Checkpoints marked on each side with descriptions for each checkpoint. There are no dummies.
The Short Event – £25, £30 OTD – 2 hours, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Starting on foot, there will be one transition to Mountain Bikes. The maps given out at Registration will have 10 Checkpoints marked on each side with descriptions for each checkpoint. There are no dummies. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £22.
Trail Adventure Event – £25, £30 OTD – 2h Trail Run only, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £21.
Mini-Trail Adventure Event – £14, £18 OTD – 1h Trail Run only, navigate to as many clip checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £10.
MTBO Adventure Event – £25, £30 OTD – 2 hours, ride your mountain bike and navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £20.
We look forward to seeing you there. We would also like to hear what you like about Tri-Adventure events and any suggestions you may have for future events. I, Adam, can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bike Hire: At the moment we are not offering bike hire for events.
These events are designed to test your navigation and strategy on an off-road adventure. You must stick to the public rights of way and use your 1:25,000 OS waterproof map which we provide, to navigate the trails and hills on foot and bike to collect as many checkpoints as you can within the set time. New to Adventure Racing? Watch this short informative clip.
- Visit the registration area to be directed to your race pack and SPORTident dibber.
- Ensure you allow enough time to register.
- Have a read through event rules here.
- Multi-discipline competitors must start on foot and there is only one transition to the mountain bike allowed.
- All competitors must start between 08:30am and 10:00am. Allowing social distanced gaps between Starts.
- Using your map to navigate to as many checkpoints and cover as much distance as you can within the time limit.
- There will be a number of checkpoints to collect in any order set over a course.
- Long and Short competitors must collect a minimum of one run and one bike checkpoint to qualify.
- Checkpoint values will each be worth 10 points.
- Dogs are allowed to join you on the foot stages.
- Competitors will incur a penalty of 1 point per 30 seconds they are late back.
Having completed the event, download your dibber and check the instant results.
There will be the Tri-Adventure shop on the day for any forgotten essential items. The catering will now be prepackaged bars. Card payments please.
A list of our other events here
Kit, Rules & Penalties • Ask us a Question • New to AR? • Mountain Bike Hire