Kit, Rules & Penalties
For ALL events it is recommended that you race with:
- Small first aid kit
- Phone or money
- Waterproof jacket if the weather demands it
- Drink and food/gel
- Your own certified bike helmet to be worn on the bike stage (mandatory)
- Map board or other means to carry and view your map on the bike stage (available to buy for £9.00 at registration)
These rules are important to maintain a safe event for all and to ensure we are welcome back again in the future.
- You may run on marked public footpaths, bridleways and permissible tracks – the green and black dashed lines
- You may only cycle on bridleways, rights of way, roads, (not footpaths)
- Close all gates behind you even if you can see another competitor approaching
Apply the Countryside Code at all times:
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Leave no trace of your visit, and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under effective control
Additional rules for the Tri-Adventure Short, Long, MTBO, Challenge and Night & Day:
- A certified bike helmet must be worn on the bike stage
- You must be within 10m of your bike at all times
- In transition, bikes must be dismounted as instructed
- 1 point for every 30 seconds for being late back. Therefore, for every 5 minutes you are late back you lose a checkpoint.
The winner is the competitor with the largest number of points, if there is a tie, the winner is the competitor who gained the largest number of points in the quickest time.
Enter an event online here
Ask us a Question • New to AR? • Mountain Bike Hire • Events Calendar