Effingham Adventure Event on Sunday 15th April
Trialling a NEW! 5 hour Challenge Category instead of the Experience for this one.
The first Spring Event
Event Date: Sunday 15th April, Registration from 08:30am, Start 10:00am. 07:30am for Challengers.
Facebook: Effingham event page, TBC.
Participant Email: a link will be posted here closer to the event.
Location: *New Effingham Venue. Howard of Effingham School, Lower Road, Effingham, Surrey, KT24 5JR
Arriving by train: Effingham Junction is closest.
Challenge Event £40, £45 OTD – 5 hours, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £35. Starting on foot or bike, there will be one transition allowed. The maps given out at Registration will have 20 Checkpoints marked on each side, the values of which will be given out when you start. There will be 5 valueless checkpoints on each discipline.
Sprint Event – £25, £30 OTD – 2 hours, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Starting on foot, there will be one transition to Mountain Bikes. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £22.
Trail Adventure Event – £23, £27 OTD – Trail Run only, navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £20.
MTBO Adventure Event – £25, £30 OTD – 2 hours, ride your mountain bike and navigate to as many checkpoints as possible within the time. Enter more than 2 weeks before and pay £20.
We look forward to seeing you there. We would also like to hear what you like about Tri-Adventure events and any suggestions you may have for future events.
Bike Hire: Bikes can be hired in advance and delivered by our Bike Partner B1KE. The cost of this service is £30 per event and includes a helmet and drinks bottle. More information about hiring a bike can be found here. To hire a bike, please send us an Email at least 4 days before the event.
- Visit the registration desk to collect your race pack and SPORTident dibber.
- Ensure you allow enough time to register.
- Have a read through event rules here.
- Mass Start on foot, with just one transition allowed on to the mountain bike.
- Using your map to navigate to as many checkpoints and cover as much distance as you can within the time limit.
- Please note that, on some courses there could potentially be mandatory checkpoints, these will be advised at registration.
- There will be a number of checkpoints to collect in any order set over a course.
- For Experience and Sprint events, competitors must collect a minimum of one run and one bike checkpoint to qualify.
- Checkpoint values will each be worth 10 points.
- Competitors will incur a penalty of 1 point per 30 seconds they are late back.
After the event, download your dibber at the registration desk, collect your statistics and check the instant results service while enjoying a cup of tea/coffee and a biscuit.
There will be the Tri-Adventure shop on the day selling merchandise and a few other essential items. Cash or card.